A few Brainsnacks for a Sunday morning:
1. Colon Kapernick is perfectly named as he’s full of shit.
2. On January 17th your U.S. government sent an airplane loaded with $400 million in laundered money to Iran. They claim it was not a ransom for released hostages, saying the cash was necessary because they did not have a banking relationship with Iran through which to send the money. On the 19th (two days later) they sent Iran 13 identical payments each one cent less than $100,000,000.00 through an unnamed central bank for a total payment of $1.3 billion. Just by coincidence, the hundred million number is the threshold which requires Congressional approval. Draw your own conclusions.
3. Does scrubbing your email server with a high-tech program capable of even thwarting FBI forensics finally constitute the “intent” James Comey said wasn’t there? Why would one use such a program to delete supposedly innocent emails about “yoga” and “grandchildren?”
4. SUNY (State University of New York) is offering a course for its resident advisers entitled “Stop White People 2016.” The stated purpose is “help others take the next step in understanding diversity, privilege, and the society we function within.” The course says it will offer RA’s “tools” to respond to “uneducated people” with “good’ arguments.” Of course you know who those “uneducated people” are.
5. Is it possible to have a viable welfare state? Yes. Is it possible to have a viable country with open borders? Maybe. Is it possible to have a viable welfare state with open borders? Absolutely not.